Advertising  |  About Us  |  Contact Us  |  RSS


Internet Filmmakers' FAQ

A grip is a person who works on set with all of the camera support equipment. They organise camera mounts when the director wants the camera on the side of a moving car, they move dollies, cranes, lay tracks and generally make it possible for the director to put the camera in more places than just on a tripod. A Key Grip is the person in charge of the grip crew and reports to the Director of Photography.

Answer by Benjamin Craig  |  Last updated 17-Feb-2005